Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update

Just thought I would give a quick update on how we have been.

Karl is getting to be SUPER busy with school. He always seems to have at least two monster tests a week on top of classes and labs and skills proficiency. However, I am extremely lucky because he actually comes home every night. Apparently a lot of the other husbands/students in general stay on campus til about midnight most nights preparing for tests. Karl still has to study when he comes home early but at least I get to see him which is great.

I was lucky enough to take NCLEX, my nursing board exam, last Thursday. It was not a good test. It is designed so that you take a minimum of 75 questions and then after that the test shuts off when it decides you are either a) safe as a nurse or b) you need more training. I felt like I was missing everything and then my test shut off at about 78 questions. I thought that meant I failed miserably, but I tried to stay positive.

Then I saw that some of my friends from Utah who had taken the test the same day already had their results and they had passed. I was hoping that I didn't know because Oregon was slow. Then on Monday I got a letter. Usually you can check online. The fact that I did not see results online and I now have a letter from the Nursing Board meant to me that I failed.

So Karl handed it to me and I tried not to cry as I opened it. I just kept thinking what am I going to do. Do I try and take it again before the baby comes? I haven't even been able to really think about the baby or get anything ready because I have been so worried about the test. What do I do now?

Fortunately, when I opened the letter it said "Congratulations! You passed." So I started bawling and Karl had to deal with it, but at least they were happy tears and not sad ones. Poor Karl has had to deal with all my stress, anxiety, and hormones on top of his school work so I am sure he is glad I passed so that I at least won't be crying to him about that dang test anymore.

So I am officially a nurse!

Now that I no longer have to study all day what am I going to do with myself? Get ready for baby! I have become addicted to Pinterest and love looking at all the craft ideas. I even tried one out this weekend and made little baby shoes. I think they turned out pretty good for a first attempt.
I know they are blue but girls can like blue too. I also have a lot more time to exercise and I plan on taking long walks everyday. Hopefully that helps with the whole borderline gestational diabetes thing and the fact that my doctor has put me on weight gain restriction for the rest of my pregnancy. Which is only about two more months. Holy cow! Here is me at 30 weeks.
So that is us for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment