Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Big Changes and Updates

I have decided that I am horrible at blogging, keeping a journal, and pretty much all the other important documentation of our lives but I am going to try to do better. It's not like we haven't been doing anything, a lot has actually happened so this is going to be a quick-ish update and I will try to do better in the future. If not for anyone else's sake then for my own. 

Update #1

Paige is going to be a big sister!!! We are so excited and YES this was planned. We wanted them to be close and we definitely got our wish. If this baby comes when it is due in September they will be 17 months apart. We actually go in tomorrow for the ultrasound and will find out, hopefully, if it is a boy or a girl. But I need incentive to blog more so I am not just waiting for tomorrow.

So far things have been pretty good. I was nauseous way longer with this one but I never throw up so I guess I can't complain.  I felt the baby kick so much a few weeks ago it literally hurt, and then nothing until this morning. I guess that was its birthday gift to me, letting me know it was still alive. I was starting to worry so that was a great wake up call. 

Update #2
We were blessed to have Sharleis come and stay with us for a few weeks. I got sick one week so it was amazing to have someone to help with Paige while Karl was at school. And then the rest of my family came up for spring break. We went on so many adventures including: the zoo, frisbee golf, a beach house, multiple beaches, exploring Portland, wild sea lions, following the Goonies, and all in all having a blast. 

Update #3
Paige turned 1!!! I CANNOT believe it has been a whole year! It has just flown by. She is so stinking cute now (well I think she has always been adorable but it is so fun to see her little personality develop). She started cutting her first tooth on the flight to Nevada for Christmas (great timing but she is a pretty good teether so it turned out ok). She started crawling new years day (apparently there was no need to crawl over Christmas because there were so many people to hold her). And she started attempting to walk about the week before her birthday and did her first solo trip from mom to dad on her birthday (I guess she likes her milestones to happen on memorable days). She is still pretty unsteady but she is getting better. That is a picture of her favorite present. She LOVES her car and we have to go on a walk with it at least once a day. She also like to use it for drive in movies.
She loved her cupcakes. We had a little birthday party while my family was here and at first she wouldn't touch it with her hands. She just tried to suck on it. It was so cute. By her actual birthday she figured it out.
Paige is now roughly 20 lbs, 29 inches long, right along the 50th percentile, and had grown to be quite the little diva since her 6lbs 2 oz, 21 inch long days. She is super chill most of the time, loves to flirt with the little boys around here, especially Ross, but when she is home with just mom and dad she wants to be the center of attention and has discovered she likes to scream. We are still working on stopping that one. 
 I just had to put this picture up. I was walking with my friend Stacey and as we were heading back home I looked at Paige and she was holding her hand out to Ross. When he would try to take it she would pull it away and act all shy. Then five seconds later hold it out for him again. Apparently she knows how to play coy and hard to get. She just cracks me up.  I guess that is enough for now. More updates to come tomorrow, or sometime in the near future, in theory...


No comments:

Post a Comment