Monday, March 5, 2012

My Crafty Self

So awhile ago I scored a nice glider from Thrift City. I am sure everyone is getting sick of hearing about that place but it really is awesome. My chair was only 15 dollars, pretty comfy, and works great. It just didn't look the best. The upholstery had some stains and was getting thread bare in places.

Solution? Re-cover it, of course. So on another trip to the best store ever I scored a set of King-size sheets for $2.50. I had been looking at Wal*Mart and there I could buy a single twin flat sheet for between $5-10. The King-size sheet sets were at least $40. That was just to give you a comparison on deals. So after a good washing the sheets were as good as new and I was on to my next project.

I thought I would give you some side by side comparisons so you could really see the transformations. But first. Here is my lowly glider. I had already started work on the seat (hence the white pad) when I took this picture. The back didn't go quite as planned. It didn't end up being as fitted as I wanted but oh well. It turned out pretty good for a first attempt.
The seat was getting thread-bare and worn down. So I added a foam pad before I covered it and now it is great. The glider had the most stains on it but now it looks nice and new.
So here is the finished before and after pictures. I think it turned out pretty well.
It is a super comfy chair and now it isn't the eye-sore that is was before. Yay for crafting! Now onto the next project-Curtains. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! You will love to have it when your little one comes! I love reading about all the projects you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ken! You did it and it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by your re-covering job! I haven't been brave enough to try that yet.

    ReplyDelete