Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break!!! (Lots of pictures)

Like the title says we just got to enjoy spring break. So what did we do? We went beach camping! And to warn you I did post lots of pictures. This area is just so beautiful. Fortunately for you all we forgot our camera a lot or else there would be more. :)Saturday morning we packed up and headed down to Newport area, checking out lots of beaches on the way down. Karl shot down my idea to do a 3 mile hike, probably a good thing as I just turned 36 weeks and found walking on the beach got tiring after awhile.

Here is our campsite. Karl picked one with a nice bathroom for me and we brought our air mattress. Honestly I don't think I have slept that good in a long time.
This place was great because we got the forest/mountain feel at our site, but then had the beach access that looked like this...

It was so gorgeous! So we spent a few days exploring the area, checking out beaches and tidal pools. Here are some of our finds.

Karl found a cool little gorge, and then right after I snapped the picture a wave found him. Wish I had gotten that one on film. Fortunately he had his boots on and not his holey runners.
At a little turn off called Strawberry Hill we found tons of seals just chilling on the rocks.
And this was probably our favorite area. It is called Seal Rock. The weather was amazing so it was really fun to walk around.
There were a lot of tidal pools and cool rock formations, as well as just incredible views. Karl liked to watch me try to hike. He thought that was pretty funny but he was always there to help if I got stuck.

He found a great perch to look around and scout out more seals. Every time I looked back he was a little higher than before.Like I said, we didn't take our camera much but we had a blast exploring. We saw the biggest waves ever and even saw a whale! At least I am pretending that wave I saw in the distance was the whale spout that everyone with binoculars saw.We even ran into Karl's cousin and her family. How is that for a small world? They happened to be up that week on vacation and we spotted them on our way back to our car.

When we got back Karl took me to see the Hunger Games and we just spent the rest of the week hanging out together when Karl didn't have to study. All in all an amazing, relaxing week. And then my family came into town! That will have to be a post for another day.

Anyways, hope you all had an amazing spring break and had as great a time as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your pictures are beautiful! Now I really want to go visit you and go camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken Oregon is beautiful! You are so lucky to be living there.

    ReplyDelete