Monday, July 26, 2010

Demolition Derby

A few weeks ago (I know, I am really bad at keeping up with what is actually going on in our lives) Karl and I went to a demolition derby with Nick and our friend Driscoll. Nick had told us about it about a month in advance and I was soooo excited to go. I think I asked Karl every week if we could go get tickets because I was scared it would sell out and we wouldn't be able to go. Fortunately we got the tickets but it was a sold out event.

It is amazing how entertaining it can be to watch cars crash into each other. It is just grown up bumper cars, but it is awesome. For those of you who haven't gone I totally recommend it, just bring something to do in between the rounds because that can take awhile. They have to clear out the totaled cars and give the drivers enough time to try and fix them up. After awhile they start looking like this.Anyways, the best crash was in the last round. About five of the cars were chasing each other to our corner and one got hit so hard, so many times that it ended up on the cement barrier. I wish I had been able to get that one on video but I never was quite able to capture the action on tape.So all in all it was a great night. I am now a fan of demolition derby's. I don't know why it took me this long and living in a city to go to one, but I think I might be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment