Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love to Sew

This past Spring term I decided to take sewing. I only had 12 credits left for my major and decided sewing was a skill I really wanted to learn and would be worth having to take 9 credits in a 6 week term. I was right.

I was in Media and the Family (which was an amazing class) and sewing. The 9 credit torture semester is currently going on (I'll let you know if I survive). I sort of had a love/ hate relationship with sewing. I would get really frustrated when I inevitably spent three times as long taking stitches out as I did putting them in, but it was so much fun to actually learn how to make things.

When all was said and done I had made pajama pants, a skirt, a button up shirt, and a sun dress. (Pictures are on the way). So it was a great class but unfortunately it made me a little to ambitous. i now have tons of craft ideas and aspire to make a quilt and a swimsuit. Oh well. Someday.

2 comments:

  1. oooh...a swimsuit??? Hey- I'll give you all my recipe's if you come teach me how to sew. Deal? Okay thanks. And...I still want to do a quilt too. Someday for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I've never tried to sew something to wear. That scares me a little! you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete