Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oregon

So it has been official for awhile now but Karl is now living in Oregon. I am finally getting around to putting up some pictures of our trip up to move him in.

It all started out with a going away/birthday party with his family. This is his cake. I thought it turned out pretty good for my limited skills.

Don't mind all the clutter around it. Anyways, we broke up the drive over two days but it was still super long. With a lot of effort we got all our stuff into the second floor apartment. That place is not really designed for people to move in and out, which is ironic since it is month to month rent. There was a super narrow staircase that we had to try and get our furniture up. I am still amazed we were able to get everything. Thanks Tony for being there to help. I mostly just got in the way. I am discovering I am not as strong as I think I am .

So once we got everything in the adventures began. One of the highlights....Crabbing!
It was so much fun. Here is the challenge. What is the difference between Karl's and Tony's crabs? (Besides the size). One is a boy and one is a girl. You try telling the difference.

It was great to just spend the day out in a boat trying to catch these guys. We kept way too many but it was so much fun. When we got home the boys cleaned and cooked while the girls ran to the store.
It was my first time trying crab. I am still not really sure if I like it, but Ann was in heaven.


Next adventure, going to the beach. It was gorgeous. I can't believe I didn't bring my suit because the weather was gorgeous. Then we headed up to Astoria. They have this awesome tower that we climbed to the top of.
It was so intricate on the outside. I wish I could have been able to see more of it. But here is the view from the top.

I am in love. Who could ask for a more beautiful place to call home for the next few years. I can't wait til it is my time to move up there. It has been rough not being able to see Karl and phone calls just really aren't enough, but we are hanging in there. School is stressing both of us out so I guess that is a good thing. Something else to think about. But I have never looked forward to Christmas so much in my life.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing and wonderful for living away from each other for 4 months. It does look really pretty, but I have the nice smelling desert rain back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, school is stressing one of us out more than the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live!!! I think about you guys all the time, living apart from each other. I hope you are both getting by okay. Hopefully school will keep you both busy enough to make it go quicker. So, is he coming home to get you for Christmas? We'll be home this year for Christmas, probably until Jan 2, or something, so hopefully you guys will still be around! If you ever get bored or have a long weekend, you guys (you and Rachel, that is) could always make a quick road trip to NM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! I can't believe you caught and ate those huge crabs!! Well 4 months can seem so long, but hang in there. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, or at least that's what they say. Just Think how you will have an even sweeter Christmas because of it :)

    ReplyDelete