Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Don't you think?

This is just a round of Don't you think? Let's see if you agree with me.

Beauty and the BeastI totally love this movie but when I was watching it I noticed a few things. Like...

Don't you think it is a bit harsh to turn an 11 year old boy into a beast for being mean to an ugly old lady? He's a preteen boy for crying out loud. Where were his parents?

Don't you think it is weird that Mrs. Pots has like 50 tea cup children but only ever talks to Chip? Pretty sure she didn't have 50 kids when she was human so where did all those other tea cups come from?

Don't you think the beast looked a lot better as the beast? I mean come on, all the creative minds in Disney and the best they could come up with was this?
Whenever he gets turned into the prince I always think "turn him back, turn him back!"

Next is The Swan Princess

Don't you think this movie is hilarious? I forgot how funny it is. I mean with lines like "You should write a book, 'how to offend women in five syllables or less'" and a frog trying to get a kiss every five seconds how can you go wrong? You know you love this show, go watch it again, soon. You'll thank me.

Don't you think it is impossible to find the Halloween candy you want? I swear every bag has at least one candy I really don't like. And then today I was trying to find a bag of Frooties (since they are one of my favorites), which I thought was a pretty basic trick or treating choice, and I couldn't find them anywhere. Come on.


Don't you think Karl is the sweetest most awesome guy in the world. First I have to explain why and then you will agree with me if you don't already. Before he moved up to Oregon he apparently hid some things around the house for me. When I got back from moving him in he sent me on a scavenger hunt through text and I found a gift card to Frogurt (so great).

Getting back from this last trip was even worse. I came home to an empty house and just started bawling. This time he directed me to a rose and a note he had left for me. It was just what I needed at that moment. Didn't help with the water works, kind of exacerbated that part, but the words were exactly what my heart needed.

While I couldn't think of anything except, do we have everything packed, how is this all going to fit, are we forgetting anything, crap Karl is leaving me soon. He was planning ahead, thinking of things he could do for me, and getting things lined up to show he loved me even from 800 miles away.

So, Don't you think Karl is a sweetie? Because I sure do.



4 comments:

  1. Yes I do think that is so sweet! I agree with you on the movies too :). I hope you are doing ok. Just think It's almost Halloween, your about halfway there. You'll make it. Especially if Karl keeps doing such sweet things for you! You've got a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely sweet is that. Karl is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is woooooow.. a guy that plans ahead for sweet little things!!! It hard enough to find one that is sweet in "the moment" I'm sure it definitely sucks being so far apart for so long... but just think it will make being together again all that much sweeter... and he'll have survived his first semester of school too :) good luck with finishing up your last one!!! Have you thought about where you WANT to work??? I know it's rough finding a job for some of us nurses but I can honestly say trust in Heavenly Father's plan.... he'll put you in the right place..sometimes you just have to be a little (or maybe even a LOT ) more patient then you want :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly can't begin to explain how much I loved this post! First of all...the beast? Yeah- I always thought he looked so gay when he changed to the prince! I was right along with you yelling, CHANGE HIM BACK!!!! And I LOVE Swan Princess. It's HIl.AR.IOUS. And what a sweet husband you have. That's the most thoughtful thing I've ever seen. Can't wait to see you guys in month 1/2!

    ReplyDelete