Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Background (Part 1)

I'm still trying to figure out this whole blogging thing. I know there is a part where you can tell about yourself but until I find it I figured I could tell about us in a post.

A little background Part 1- How we met

Karl and I met our freshman year at BYU. It was the winter semester and Karl had moved in with one of my best friends from high school. Our beginning were a little violent. The first time I ever saw Karl I was cleaning his kitchen. Ok, freshmen dorms are disgusting. There were no clean dishes in the whole apartment and they were now eating out of tupperware to avoid doing dishes. It was time for intervention. So while Aurelia (one of my roommates and best friends) did dishes with Chris, I attempted to clean the oven. It was at that moment Karl entered the room. The only problem was that I was bent over by the door so he hit me in the head. He apparently didn't notice because he didn't say a word to me. He just got food and left. So I continued cleaning. I guess he forgot something because he came back, hit me in the head with the door again, and this time he spoke. But was is to say sorry? Nope. It was "You guys really shouldn't be cleaning for them." And that was my first encounter with Karl.

I guess you could say our relationship had a violent beginning. First he hits me twice with a door. The next example was while we were playing basketball. I played basketball in high school and have always been a bit aggressive. Guys tend to not play rough against girls, which I guess is a good thing, but I thought it was a little annoying because I wanted to play. During one play Karl was guarding me. I started pushing him and was pretty much shocked when he pushed me back. But I liked it a lot. He didn't let me walk all over him. I guess you could say it was love at first shove. :) After that we kept hanging out and talking and we got to be really good friends.
















Here we are as freshman. I never realized I had such chubby cheeks.















When I went home for the summer I had a huge crush on Karl and couldn't wait to get back to Utah to hang out with him. We convinced him to live at Raintree with us and it was great. He was just a few buildings over. We were still really good friends and kept hanging out until one day... Stay tuned for the rest of the story. (meaning, i have to go to class right now)

2 comments:

  1. You can't leave me hanging like that! Hurray up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I've been waiting for you to finish this! Don't leave us hanging for that much longer ok!! : )

    ReplyDelete