Saturday, June 1, 2013

Scardy cat


Paige is literally afraid of her own shadow. Yesterday we went to the park to have a morning outside. I brought my lesson to work on and just let Paige run around on the grass. That girl LOVES being outside. So she was fine for awhile and we started playing together and suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks and was staring at the ground. She had noticed her shadow for the first time. I waved to her with my shadow and Paige just kept staring, not quite sure what to think. After a while she tried to hide behind my leg. When she realized those weird shadow people were not taking the hint and leaving she tried walking away. As she was walking she kept staring at the ground and was very concerned that they kept following her. So she decided the only way to escape was grab my leg, start panicked crying and reach for me to hold her. She apparently didn't care if they hung around as long as I was holding her. That ended our park trip and I had to carry her home and push her little car, because being in the car put her too close to her shadow friend.

Other news. Karl is still doing school. It never ends. He goes through the summer until he graduates in 2015 but on the positive note we are halfway done! He is now in clinic seeing patients 2 days a week, on top of classes, so that is pretty neat.

I am officially done with my job, for over a month now. I love just being able to be home. Hopefully this will help in the quest to not have complications during this pregnancy but it definitely can't hurt. I no longer have my heart rate above 110 for 9 hours straight multiple nights a week so SCORE!.

And we are having a baby BOY!!! That is going to be quite the new experience for me. I grew up around mostly girls and don't really know what to expect but we are really really excited. Over half way there!

3 comments:

  1. That is too cute and funny about her shadow!
    You will love having a girl and boy! Its fun! I didn't feel like I knew much about boys either but now I have two and I am learning! Good luck on your pregnancy. You are so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 1/2 way already.... Seems like it's going by so fast (to me at least) I'm not going to lie I am a little jealous that you got to quit your job... Were hoping and praying Gary finds something soon so that I can cut back to at least part-time, ideally per diem or just stay at home all together)... hopefully being home will make for a healthier pregnancy this go around too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I can't wait to see you guys in December. Can't wait to meet BOTH your kids then!

    ReplyDelete