Sunday, August 23, 2009

All Dressed Up With No Where To Go

Monday was a little disappointing. I have discovered I love looking at free stuff on craigslist just to see what you could potentially get for nothing. One day there were free pictures. I emailed the girl just for fun and it turned out she really needed to take bridals to expand her portfolio. I though, "Sweet. I get to attempt to be pretty again in my wedding dress and take more pictures with Karl." I thought it sounded great. Karl on the other hand wasn't quite as excited as me, but he was willing to go along with it because he could tell I wanted to do it. Isn't he good to me?

Well, Monday rolled around and I got up really early to attempt to look cute. I have never really been into hair or make up. I spent most of High School with my hair in a pony tail and was introduced to eye liner and shadow during my second semester of college. So the task ahead seemed pretty daunting. But two and a half hours later I was pretty pleased with myself.














This was my first attempt EVER at trying to do an up-do ( or anything semi complicated for that matter) and I think it turned out rather well.















And my attempt at bridal make up. Still got a ways to go with that one. But still, it's pretty good for me.

Well we get all the way out to Santaquin where we are supposed to be taking pictures and the girl calls, says she just woke up, she'd been in the ER all night and she can't take picture today. So the morning that Karl has off was wasted driving to no where to not take pictures that he didn't want in the first place. I felt really bad but he was a good sport about it. She said she wanted to reschedule though because she needed bridals and none of her friends fit into their dresses anymore so we'll see if that ever happens. But looking on the brightside I discovered that there is truth in the saying "You can do anything if you put you mind to it." Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment