Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Week of No School

This week did not go quite as planned. I was thinking that because I didn't have school anymore I would be able to see a lot more of Karl. False. I calculated it and of a roughly 144 possible hours I saw Karl for about 33 of those. I think it's retarded. I swear I saw more of him when we were dating than I do now that we are married.

But it has been a pretty good, pretty busy week. Here's the update.
Monday
I already gave a basic synopsis so after we got back we had lunch and then Karl left for work. Fun day. :)

Tuesday
At Thanksgiving Point they have Two-Buck Tuesdays during the month of August so we got up early and headed out for a morning date. Karl took me to the Gardens last year and I fell in love with them. There were lots of people so we didn't really get to take tons of pictures but here are a few.




It's such a pretty place. I definitely recommend it.

After about an hour of the Gardens we had to head back because Karl was going in early to work. But we had a great time.





Wednesday
Karl Finally had a whole day off!!! It was great. We got to run errands. :) I got my official UVU id card. Hopefully I'll be using it in the winter. But the great thing about having it now is that it is also my buss pass and I only had to pay 20 dollars for it instead of the 65 bucks a month of 120 for a year discount from BYU. We also got a new toaster. My old one broke awhile ago and of course we accidentally returned the one we got for our wedding. Good thing for gift cards. I am rediscovering how much I love toast.

Then we went on a mid-day date to the dollar theater to se Angels and Demons (we both liked it) and then it was my turn to leave for work. Karl went fishing with his dad while I was gone. Neither one of them caught a fish but I'm glad they were able to spend time together.

After work it was time for another date. By the way, if you didn't know it, Karl has a sixth sense. He just knows things. It is impossible to suprise this kid. I said I wanted to take him on a suprise date and from that he knew we were going to the Nicklecade. I don't know how he does it. But it was a really fun day. I loved being able to be with Karl that much. If you haven't noticed we try to take advantage of the time we do get together. :)

Thursday

We made French Toast and watched the third Mummy movie before Karl left for work.

Friday
This was the first time I have slept on the couch during our marriage. Don't worry, we didn't get into a fight. I've been a little sick lately and it makes it hard to sleep. I have a cough and a runny nose and it just isn't very conducive to sleeping. So since Karl only had about 5 and a half hours between when he got home and when he left for work again I opted for the couch so he could actually get some sleep.

I went into Salt Lake to visit some friends from home. It was nice to not be alone. It was my last official day of my 4pm-8pm custodial job. I'm so excited. Starting Monday I will be in a new area, get done at 4, and I get paid more. Life is good.

Saturday
Didn't get to see him much Saturday either. Slept in til 10 and Karl had to be at work by 10:45. We had a ward activity up in Provo Canyon. It was a lot of fun but considering we are in a married ward and everybody had their spouse with them, it kind of rubbed in the fact that I was all alone. So as soon as it was done I went straight to Karl's work and hung out with him for the rest of the night.

That has pretty much been our week. When Karl isn't home I just do dishes, mope around missing him, or attempt to pack our apartment. I should do more of that considering we are moving next week. But we are doing good, surviving, and are excited for when Karl is done with that job so we can see more of each other. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment