Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Suprise Dates Are Great

It's been pretty hard spending time with Karl because of our work schedules but Karl finally had a day off on Monday and I now work from 12-4 so we actually had an evening together! Karl came and picked me up from campus and then gave me about 20 minutes to get ready for a date. So here's the before we leave pic.


First stop, Olive Garden. I definitely recommend the unlimited pasta bowl with Creamy Florentine Sauce. It was amazing. But I ate way too much. Surprise dates are great but sometimes some advanced warning is a good thing.

Next stop was a long drive up the Spanish Fork canyon. We went on a gorgeous hike.


There was a river that followed the path the entire way with little waterfalls, lots of trees, it was one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on.


The higher we got the water started to look milky. It was really cool because it was getting dark and the water almost seemed to glow.


The hike alone would have been amazing but, as you might have guessed from my wearing a bathing suit there was more than just a hike. When we got to the top there was a big waterfall and two different sets of warm springs.

This is as close as we got to the top one. I didn't really feel like getting any closer to the nude man enjoying those ones. But that just means we'll have to go back again. Plus the lower pools were so pretty I was quite content to just stay there.






















The water was the perfect temperature. There were even a few really short natural slides between the pools.




So in summary. Karl is the master of surprise dates. One, he can keep them a surprise. And two, he can plan the best dates ever. So if you want to go on a gorgeous hike just let us know because we want to head up again sometime soon and it is worth the drive.

Oh and side note. We got to hike back to the car in the pitch black because we didn't have a flashlight but that just added to the adventure. :)

4 comments:

  1. Just to let everyone know...I did give Kendra 45 min to get ready, did give her advice not to eat so much, and made sure she had everything we needed for the date. She just did not listen to the not eating very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken you look really pretty in that first picture. Karl, I might steal your idea and use it as a surprise date myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love hikes! I think my brother was actually telling me about that same place. Sounds awesome! Karl---you are sweet. Keep up the good husband role! Maybe one day we'll have to join you two on a date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should totally go! Were game! :)

    ReplyDelete