Wednesday, June 30, 2010

San Fransisco (a long time ago)

I know this is super late but I figure better late than never. Over Christmas break Karl and I went with my family to San Fransisco. It was a long, cramped ride, but it was a lot of fun. I love the bridges and fell in love with the city as soon as we got there.

My little sister was on crutches so we did a bus tour around the city. I loved it. We got to hear about the history of the city and scout out places we really wanted to check out. Some of us found it a little more interesting than others. We were able to go across the Golden Gate Bridge, went to Peir 39, the Cable Car Museum, the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory, China Town (love the architecture), and all around Little Italy (you gotta love gelato).We saw a lot of things but I have a whole list of things we need to get around to the next time. On the top of which is Alcatraz. The tours were all sold out so next time we are going to have to go. Some of my favorite things were probably driving down Lombard Street. Finding the Full House house (do you know which one it is?)And just spending time exploring with Karl. But the highlight of the trip was Wicked. I LOVE Wicked. I've been listening to the songs for years, know them all by heart, and I was finally able to see the play. The best thing about musicals is that the music tells the story. So I love getting the music and trying to figure out the story before I ever see the play. It was great getting to compare what I thought was going to happen with what actually did. Oh it was amazing. I totally recommend it. Karl doesn't always love plays or musicals but he actually like this one.

So that was our trip in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment