Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holidays

So I am behind again. What's new. It always takes me forever to post. I apologize about that. And as a consequence My posts are always super long. I'll try not to be too boring.

First... Halloween. We have nothing to make costumes with. So we usually don't dress up. But we had to go to our ward trunk or treat so this is the best we came up with. I made a superman shield with permanent marker and highlighter, we taped it to a blue shirt, had Karl wear his glasses and Voila... Clark Kent/Superman. So of course I had to be Lois Lane. I know I look nothing like her but it works. Nice quick and easy costume. As for the pose, we obviously watch too much Lois and Clark (but it is an awesome Superman tv series).
Then on actual Halloween we got together with some friends to make root beer, carve pumpkins, and watch a movie. I got to do the stirring.
Karl and Nic decided to have a steam war. Nic won pretty much every time.And here are mine and Karl's finished pumpkins. Guess who's is which. (I LOVE Batman. While I was making a superman shield I did a batman symbol too. I figure all black and that would be a super easy costume too.)

And now for thanksgiving. Karl and I decided on Tuesday that we would rather try to beat the storm to Nevada than deal with the after effects on Wednesday. So as soon as I got home from clinical we threw our clothes in a suitcase, loaded up the car, and took off (unfortunately I forgot my camera so there aren't any pictures). We didn't hit any bad weather. Not the case on our way home. It took us 8 hours to get back to Draper and our average MPH was about 30. But we made it.

We played a lot of sports while we were there. Made and ate TONS of great food. Got to relax and hang out, and did our Thanksgiving tradition of going Christmas tree hunting on Friday. Karl and I even found a little tree to bring back with us. I hope we keep that tradition. It's a fun, cheap, all day family event. I love it.

But I think one of the most entertaining parts of the trip was our Saturday night game of Disney Charades. It's fun for everyone but I just love watching Tay. He thinks that if he looks just like the card everyone will understand what he is. My favorite was his little mermaid impression. He studied the card for like 3 minutes. After laying on his stomach he studied the card again to make sure he was just right, then turned his head dramatically to look at us and... smiled. Ok, you had to be there, but it was hilarious. After some coaching he did really well with all his cards, but you had to let him try first just to see what he would do. I can't do it justice with words. Over Christmas I'll try to get a video, but if you ever get a chance to play charades with Tay DON'T pass it up. He is one funny kid.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! You guys always make the most of your breaks. That's so fun! I would LOVE to play charades with your brother. I thought it was hillarious and I wasn't even there!

    ReplyDelete