Friday, January 20, 2012

Storms in Oregon

The last few days in Oregon have actually turned into winter. We had a pretty decent snow storm and have had lots of rain the last few days. Oregon may be known for being green and having lots of trees but apparently those trees did not get the memo that they are supposed to be strong and be able to withstand storms. Or apparently they get so much rain that they turn soggy.

So after the snow storm we woke up to broken trees all over the place. This particular tree was huge and is now blocking half of the road.
The falling trees also resulted in a lot of downed power lines.
So the side walks have been covered with broken branches and power lines but we are doing good. I would have taken better pictures but my camera died.

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy! Reminds me of my honeymoon in Florida, when Hurricane Charlie hit and there were trees all over the roads. Stay inside when the storms hit, I guess!

    ReplyDelete