Sunday, January 29, 2012

Highlights of 2011

2011 has been a really good year for the Jepson family so I wanted to just recap some of the highlights.

Winter-Karl did not have to go to back to school since he graduated in December. This started to job hunt and he ended up doing home health, taking care of two older people in their own home. The family absolutely adored him. They even tried to convince him not to leave for grad school but fortunately they weren’t persuasive enough.

I unfortunately still had to go back to school, but it was the beginning of my last year of nursing school so that was something to look forward to. I also got to experience the joy of night clinicals, which I actually loved.

Spring- we were able to go to Washington/Oregon for a goalball tournament and were able to go check out Forest Grove, where we were going to be living in the Fall.

I officially graduated from BYU! I finished classes last August but now I am official.

Karl's flag football team won the Championship game.

Summer- That was the time for work. Karl was still impressing the family with his kindness and overall awesomeness.

I started out with two jobs, teaching swim lessons and as an assistant manager at a new theater they built in Draper. After discovering that was a little much I cut it down to just the theater.

We hiked to the top of Mt. Timp. It was quite the hike, but it was gorgeous, we made it, and I loved sliding down the glacier.

Got to go white water rafting and milk a cow! Two lifelong dreams...accomplished.

We drove to California for a friend’s wedding and were able to go camping on the beach. I always seem to pick the cold beaches but it was still a lot of fun.

Fall-Karl started Optometry School! We had a blast exploring the area once we got him moved in and even tried our hand at crabbing. Success.

We found out we were going to be having a baby! That made the fact that I had to go back to Utah to finish school a little more bearable since I was leaving on a happy note.

I started my last semester of nursing school! And got to work with kiddos up at Primay's the whole time. I LOVE peds.

We survived the four month separation and found out we are having a little girl! Bring on the pink.

And I officially graduated from nursing school.

So it has really been a great and blessed year for our family. Can’t wait to see what this year has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment