Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Recent Ouches

Sorry, this is kind of a complaining/venting blog post. Just a heads up before you continue.

So I feel like things have been going pretty great with this pregnancy. Not that I really have anything to compare it with but I figure when the worst symptoms I have had consist of acne, occasional (ok, maybe not so occasional if you ask Karl) mood swings, and the beginnings of low back pain I really don't have anything to complain about.

Then I went to the doctor in Oregon. I had to do that glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes. Once again I though, hey that wasn't too bad. Then I got the results. Barely elevated, but elevated none the less. So that means on to the 3 hours tolerance test. Let me just say, NOT COOL.

It is not very nice to make a pregnant lady fast for 12 hours, only to have to drink a very sugary nasty drink on an empty stomach and then get poked four times in the next three hours. I spent the whole night thinking about how I needed a drink but couldn't have one and was on the verge of throwing up for the first two hours after drinking that stuff.

Now I get to worry that I am hurting my baby and actually have gestational diabetes for the next two weeks until I see the dr again to go over the results.

I was also informed that I have put on a lot of weight and need to stop gaining so much. Great. Now I am not only a pregnant lady, I am a fatty pregnant lady, which is probably why I will become a diabetic, fatty, pregnant lady.

I honestly didn't think I was that big, but who am I to argue with the doctor. So here is the latest picture of me. Still 27 weeks but I like taking pictures with my different prego clothes to try and see which ones look the best.
On top of all that I am drawing closer to taking the nursing board exam (NCLEX-RN). Lots of my friends from school have already passed and I am terrified that I am going to be the stupid one who fails. I just have a hard time concentrating to study when I keep feeling the baby move and I just want to get things ready for her to come. And now I am worried about this other stuff too. Not helping.

And finally, I was making dinner on Monday (chicken pot pie and it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself). As I was putting it in the oven I was distracted and was brought quickly back to reality as my hand touched the top of the oven and I felt lots and lots of pain. It is healing pretty well, I should have taken a picture right after it happened, but it is still super red and tender. Sorry it is blurry. I have issues taking pictures one handed. Lets just say I would make a horrible surgeon.
So those are some of my ouches lately. Thanks for letting me vent.

2 comments:

  1. Boo for the gestational diabetes test. I've never had to do the 3 hour one but that sounds awful.

    I think you look fine, especially for only have 10 weeks until you're full term. Whatever on the fatty pregnant lady thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. Remember in high school how we used to say that we were going to be the fat pregnant ladies?? hahaha well let me just say that you haven't quite lived up to our high school expectations. You look great!! I hope everything goes well with the diabetes test and the NCLEX! I know you will pass though, I'm not even worried about ya ;).

    ReplyDelete