Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yuck!

Paige has always had a very healthy digestive system. We have never had to worry about her not having enough dirty diapers. From these two sentences and the title of this post you may be guessing what is coming next. You have been warned.

When my mom was here helping after Paige was born we had a near miss. We were both slap happy from lack of sleep. Paige had just finished eating and my mom was being nice and changing her diaper for me. As she took off the diaper she said "oh, it is not very dirty." To which I responded "Be careful, she might projectile poop at you." I had no sooner gotten the words out of my mouth when what should happen? Yep, projectile poop! It barely missed my mom, getting the change pad, futon, and carpet instead. We broke down in hysterical laughter. When I told Karl he didn't think it was very funny so I guess you had to be there.

Anyways, that was the back story. Since that time we have had some near misses but I have usually escaped diaper changes unscathed. On Sunday, all that changed. I had gotten up for Paige's 4am feeding. Needless to say I was really tired and a little delirious. As I was changing her diaper I almost got her new one on when she started peeing all over. So it was onto the second attempt. As I was pulling out the next new diaper what should happen? SQUIRT!! I look down and she had projectile pooped all over my shirt. GROSS!!! So I am ranting at 4 am on Fathers Day, which woke up Karl, who heard me getting frustrated at my beautiful baby girl. Oh I am a great wife and mother. Then, to top it all off, as we were about to leave for church, I had just finished putting Paige's cute dress on, she spit up all over me. That one at least I found funny. I guess ironic would be a better word.

But to end on a not gross note, Paige and I had a girls day out on Saturday. Karl had gone golfing with some friends so we decided to go to a splash park. It was a really hot day so I liked staying out in the water. It was me and all the 4 year olds.  To not look so out of place I tried to get Paige to enjoy the water. I would splash it on her face and swing her legs through it. The water was freezing cold so I was a little worried she would start crying, but Paige barely reacted. She is such a chill kid. Usually.

1 comment:

  1. Kendra it's still crazy to me that you have already finished pregnancy and have a baby!! So crazy! Wow great memories haha being a mom sounds like it never gets boring.

    ReplyDelete