Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Final Days at BYU

Reading Days have always been a bit difficult for me. I know they are designed to give you a whole day to study, but to me they end up being a whole day to put off studying and have fun. I've gotten a bit better at fighting this temptation in my old(er) age but I still have a ways to go. I remember freshman year I spent my reading days laser tagging with Karl and some friends, hanging out, playing card games, and, in general, not picking up a book.

(Here's another semester's reading day. We were gathering supplies to pack up all our stuff. And yes, we are in a dumpster. I would just like to clarify it was cardboard only.)

Yesterday was a bit better. I studied off and on (between napping and reading for fun), and Karl and I spent some time at the pool. It was amazing.

So now finals are done! At least mine are. They were all in one day. I was finished with mine before Karl even got to take one. So I am unofficially done at BYU. I pretty much have my bachelors degree in Human Development (as long as I passed my classes). It's a little sad. I know I complain about school, and honestly it really does stress me out, but I have loved being a student at Brigham Young University.


There is just a different feel to campus. I know some people hate the Y and call Provo a bubble and "Happy Valley" but I love it. BYU really does have a special spirit that you don't get anywhere else. I didn't think the UVU was that bad, and it's not, but when I got to go back to BYU for the summer I realized just how much I missed it, how relieved and at peace I felt (which is saying something because usually being at school makes me stressed).
So BYU, we've had our good time (like meeting the love of my life) and our bad times (like being egged my freshman year on the worst night of my life) but all in all it's been amazing. I'll miss ya.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. My diploma arrived today and it was kind of bittersweet.

    The dumpster diving though, that's definitely one of my best memories from freshman year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment though! Good for you! Now, onto bigger and better(?) things!

    ReplyDelete