Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yellowstone Day 1

Karl and I were able to go to Yellowstone as another escape between semesters. I absolutely loved it. The weather was great, there was tons to see, and I got to be alone with Karl on a vacation. It doesn't get much better than that. The first day we got there we hit Old Faithful and all the geyser basins around there. (My suggestion: If you go to Yellowstone hit this on your last day. Those are by far the prettiest pools. The others are great too, but you'll be more impressed if you see everything else first.) I discovered that Karl has no love for Old Faithful. He thinks its a bit over rated and just doesn't like waiting for it. I have to admit I was a little bored too, we only waited like ten minutes, but I thought it was really cool to see. It's amazing that it is so predictable and that the water can shoot up so high.

We also saw a lot of beautiful pools.Spouting WaterWildlifeSteaming Hills And Italians. I swear we ran into about 10 different groups a day. I could always tell when we were close to some because Karl would linger. Usually we would walk around pretty quick to try and see everything. But when Karl started taking his time looking at a pool or started fidgeting with the camera you could bet there were Italians near by. He was in heaven when he got to talk to them. So it was a win-win situation. I got to look for all the geysers and Karl got to look for all the Italians. I swear the whole country came over the few days we were there because we ran into them wherever we went.

Then we just got to enjoy being at our campsite, eating tin foil dinners and having a huge tent that we could actually stand up in; a big step up from our usual two man pup tent. All in all, it was a great first day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Fun! I love Yellowstone. I bet you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete