Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Car Got Crunched

On Wednesday Karl has work down in Provo. I decided that I really wanted to play racquetball with him when he was done so I went down too. I was going to go visit a friend while he was working and then we would play. So we get to Provo and Karl tells me to wait five minutes before I left, apparently this was in case I needed to take him to the baseball field. I thought he was for sure going to come back. So I just sat in the car reading my book while I waited for him. After about 10 minutes I decide he's not coming back so I start getting ready to leave. I had my door open because it was pretty hot in the car. It was then that I noticed a car was approaching and had started to turn towards the empty spot next to me. I went to close the door so she could get in when ... CRUNCH. She completely ran into my door, making the bottom buckled in like it was play dough. Upon further inspection the door would not close, you had to lift it up and push really hard to make it stay partly shut. The girl apparently thought she had enough room and was in a hurry to get to her education week classes. So Karl and I are now in a rental car, ours has been towed away, and we are awaiting the final verdict on what they are going to do. The girls insurance will either pay for the repairs or just give us some money. So that was my first real car accident. And I was just sitting in a parking lot.

1 comment:

  1. At least Karl can't say his wife is a bad driver : ). It stinks when something like that happens. We had a close call a few days ago when a moron pulled out and crossed 2 lanes almost running right into us. It's always better when its the other persons fault though right?

    ReplyDelete