Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jordanelle

Last Tuesday we went out to Jordanelle with Karl's family. Everyone was able to make it except for Kirsten who couldn't get work off (we missed you Kirsten). It was so much fun. Tony rented a wave runner for the day and we all took turns going out. I got to be the test dummy for the tube. Karl informed me that we wouldn't be able to go very fast with two people on the wave runner and someone on the tube so I should just go out there and relax. So I trusted him. It was a little chilly and I didn't want to get in the water but I've always like tubing so I thought it would be nice. He starts pulling me and it's great, I'm able to just enjoy the view and the occasional spray of the wake. Suddenly it's getting harder and harder to hold on and yep, you guessed it, I got flipped in. Apparently it was possible to go fast with two people and a tube and Karl couldn't resist. So we went a few more times but after I flew about 5 feet in the air off of one jump I was done for awhile.

It was really fun being able to just hang out with everyone and play with the kids. Karl, James, McKenzie and I went out for a ride so James and Kenzie could go tubing. We discovered that Kenzie really doesn't like to go fast and doesn't really like going all the way under the water. We were trying to make James ride interesting so we were going pretty fast (despite Kenzie constantly telling us to slow down. Sorry Kenzie) and we were approaching some big waves. Karl tried to slow down so it wouldn't be so bumpy and the next thing we knew we were underwater. The wave had gone over the top of all three of us. Kenzie did NOT like that. I was scared she was going to cry but she just said she didn't want to do that again.

All in all it was a great day in the sun. Karl and I both got sunburned (I was a lot worse than him obviously. I really hope our kids get his complexion). I couldn't really walk for the next few day, but it was worth it. Now if the peeling would just stop...

Thanks for such a great day Jepsons!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun! You're a funner (is that a word?) wife than me. I'm kind of lame when it comes to water. It was a lot of fun though. Thanks for the help with my kids.

    ReplyDelete